If you love to connect with people and help them discover the power of a local business association, we have an awesome opportunity for you! Establish yourself as the local business networking expert and owners, managers and professionals will flock to you. We want to hear from you if you can create and sustain an atmosphere of results, engagement and growth for the Chamber and the Fountain Hills business community.
The Member Relations Manager is responsible for working with new members, renewing members and sponsors to meet the Chamber’s membership and sponsorship goals. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, possesses experience in membership associations, thrives on exceeding goals and has a passion for sales related to service-based transactions and/or subscriptions. Connecting with people of all ages and backgrounds, including entrepreneurs, owners, managers and professionals is essential. A balance of charisma, enthusiasm, determination, planning, organizing, comfort with technology and a true enjoyment of working with people is required to be successful in this role.
The Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce is a thriving, local business association with over 40 years of history in this community. We embrace a diverse workforce in Fountain Hills and on the Chamber’s team. As a small company, we are nimble, flexible and creative. We encourage new ideas that fit our mission and vision. Our staff is committed to the organization’s success and consistently seek new opportunities to grow, have fun and find innovative solutions to our members business challenges.
- Meet with company representatives to discuss joining the Chamber.
- Sign-up new members by building a relationship, conveying value and asking for the sale.
- Seek opportunities to grow member financial support through sponsorship of the Chamber’s signature events.
- Partner with staff members to maintain high levels of member retention.
- Develop business relationships with company owners, managers and decision-makers as it relates to furthering the Chamber’s mission and vision.
- Establish working relationships with all companies as a partner in the local business community.
- Participate in networking functions (mixers, breakfasts and ribbon cuttings) hosted by the Chamber and members.
- Contribute to staff meetings, functions and Chamber events as needed.
- Learn and consistently use the Chamber’s web-based CRM.
- Mac laptop, personal cell phone, office phone and typical equipment.
- Apple software suite (Pages, Numbers and Keynote), internet browser and social media.
Experience and verifiable success within membership associations and service-based transactions is very important. A Bachelor’s degree, related experience and knowledge of the Fountain Hills business community are preferred.
- Salary, plus commission
- Allowances for vehicle and cell phone
- Health allowance
- Paid vacation, paid sick days, 11 paid holidays/year
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to Scott Soldat-Valenzuela at scott@fountainhillschamber or online at www.indeed.com. All emails will receive a response confirmation. No phone calls please.